Friday, February 3, 2023

One Down, One to Go!

 MY sister's wedding is finished, and it was a success!! Stressful but a success. We had some issues and I hope it is now in the past, but we shall see. It was incredibly stressful for me and I wasn't that involved!

My friend is getting married in 5 weeks, and that is less stressful. Except my friend is particular and now we've been discussing shawls for two weeks plus !! And I have a white shawl from my sister's wedding, and now my friend wants to ask her fiancee like ? Why would he care if I match exactly to the other bridesmaids. It's frustrating, we have other expenses in regards to the wedding and spending $20+ on something I won't wear again is really annoying. Why can't you just say yes or no? In 10 years us matching is not going to even be a thought. Sorry, this is the only place I can vent in peace!

In the meanwhile, we are in a deep deep freeze here today. MY garage door is temperamental and I hope it works tomorrow, ugh. I want to change the mechanism!! SO far only one of the bins has been emptied for the day, I will drag them to the top of the driveway but have little hope the door will open. Happy Weekend all!

5 comments:

  1. I think in your neck of the woods, the weddings have additional stress factors regarding the bridesmaids, groomsmen and even the guest dresses (black tie, only a certain color etc). In my country first of all, there are no maid of honors and bridesmaids, nor best men and groomsmen. The pair must have a civil ceremony where they need one witness for the bride and another for the groom and nobody cares what they wear. If the couple choose to have a religious ceremony too, they can have one but, no dress code or anything like that again. If the couple do not have a civil ceremony, by law, they are not considered married.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes here in the west it usually is a ceremony and reception. It takes so much planning/effort it gets extremely stressful. Even if my sister and friend had done a civil ceremony only, it would have upset someone along the way. My sister only had one rule, no white but again she got into it with my other sister way too much over the cake. I am praying I can wear the shawl and save $20!! I still have to pay for a hotel room, my hair, makeup, etc for my friend's wedding :/

      Delete
    2. Sure sounds like a great way to have a wedding to me - who had just me, my ex and two witnesses for our civil wedding too!

      Delete
  2. Glad your sisters wedding went well.......the cold temperatures were horrible. Glad it's warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I am so glad that cold spell passed.

      Delete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...