Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Home Sweet Home - Tuesday 4

 

Home Sweet Home

a 1939 Living Room
 Welcome once again to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4
where we hope you will stretch your mind, your imagination and your friendships online by sharing a bit of yourself with others.

This week the subject is Your Home .

1. What kind of home do you have and does it need repair or improvements this year? - I live in my mom's bungalow. I want a new garage door opener, because ours stops working in the winter! Got a firm no on that. I hope we don't need any repairs so far.

2. How do you accessorize your home inside and out?    Plants, art, books, wall hangings, maybe music in the background? - We have paintings, and plants,and we love music. My mom also gardens, so we have rose bushes and tulips come summer time!

3. What objects reside on your coffee table? Night stand? Side tables? Kitchen/Dining table?  - Oh, so many things. I have books, our cellphones, thins for the kids to play with! My dining table is a mess right now, covered in gifts and other assorted things - I say mess means it is lived in, my mom would disagee.  



4.  Do you like your kitchen organized and with counters cleared off or do you prefer to have  the things you use often out on counters?     Do you mind  what some might see as clutter or do you hate having to dig out tools and appliances  when it comes time to use them? and prefer to have them within easy reach?

above : a 1940's Kitchen.

It is usually clean, but important items like spoons etc are on the counters, along with the toaster oven and microwave respectively. My mom also has jars of almonds, prunes, and other munchies on one counter, and we have some other stuff like containers on the other counter! 

Funny enough, when my mom and stepdad travel, the counters stay clean L O L. But can't tell her that! 

2 comments:

  1. My mom is cleaning before her trip as I type this! I like the minimalist idea, but it is so funny how we still manage to clutter up the place. I need to clean, haha! I hope you don't have any major repairs as well until you really need the floors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel so much better when my counter tops are clean in the kitchen, I don't like cluttered counter tops.

    ReplyDelete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...