Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Tuesday 4 - Hooray for Hollywood !

 

Hooray for Hollywood


 Back so soon?  Well, weeks fly by it seems. Welcome to Tuesday 4 in memory of Toni Taddeo it's first host and founder.


How about the subject of Hollywood, it's 'stars', its products and it's affect on the world?

1.  Which of the big movie stars of the past were your favorites? why? -oh I like Jimmy Stewart, just for It's a Wonderful Life alone, and Gene Kelly seemed swell. Princess Grace, amazing, and Vera Ellen as well (basically I just love White Christmas!)

2. Of the 'Blockbusters', which do you think is the all time greatest? Which was one you would see again? - I watch White Christmas every.single.year !!!! And that is all I need, tbh.

3.  Are you up on the latest Hollywood gossip? What interests you or alternatively why doesn't it interest you? Oh I LOVE celebrity gossip. It's just so fascinating? I am into gossip, tbh and it's just a curiosity!

4.  /Some movies, plays had a big impact on people.  Orson Welles radio performance of War of the Worlds caused havoc including suicides and accidents.   Is there a movie that you were greatly influenced or affected by? - nothing sticks out to me, but I do have movies that I enjoy rewatching because they touch my heart - like Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, and Love Is All You Need, When Harry Met Sally.

Thanks for dropping by and thank you so much for participating and making this a lot of fun for everyone.

7 comments:

  1. Hey there! 1. Fred Astaire, Sidney Poitier, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn 2. Godfather Trilogy 3. I will read stuff occasionally. Don't care much about it. 4. Into The Wild, Matrix, Love Actually, You've Got Mail and some more that I can't remember now. I love When Harry Met Sally too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those are great stars and movies! I do love Love Actually as well. I need to watch some Sidney Poitier movies, I know about him but haven't seen any of his films, as far as I can recall.

      Delete
    2. Oh I forgot The Godfather (no. 1) - Al Pacino as a younger man was sex on a stick, as far as I'm concerned!

      Delete
  2. I kinda agree with you on Jimmy Stewart, but I'd have to add Gregory Peck and Meryl Streep in there too. As for Hollywood, I'm not the slightest bit interested. While many have talent, I feel so many don't - either that or the films they appear in are just rubbish. So, no, I don't mind missing out on all the "Hollywood gossip" or seeing what they wear to the Oscars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Gregory Peck!! And Meryl is a classic starlet as well. I should read more books, but I love me some celebrity gossip!!

      Delete
  3. Love celebrity gossip. Go onto Daily Mail UK online everyday to get my up to date gossip....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it tooooo! I found your comments, they went to spam how RUDE

      Delete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...