Tuesday, November 9, 2021

A Successful Trip!

 Montreal was wonderful. Just really nice to get away from the city with my friends, and relax. We were lucky to stay there for free, and I would love to go again and just relax there. Everything was so great, the food was very expensive however. I left the office before the trip feeling overwhelmed, and while work is still bonkers, being away definitely helped a LOT! Meanwhile, I have decided to trade in my car (don't even ask) and I am so anxious - I have never traded one in before! Might beg my brother to go with me on the weekend and do it. He is coming over with one of my nieces (the one who is not used to us yet so she cries when we hold her, LOL) as his partner is visiting her family with their other daughter. I am kinda looking forward to Christmas, I bought some hot chocolate but need way more :P Also, hello to Frugal In Essex whose blog is defunct, but I think of you! And thoughts to CheapChick's family - I did read she has passed away. She blogged so beautifully and saw the bright side of everything, she was too young to see her life end so soon.

4 comments:

  1. We stayed in Montreal once for the grandprix and didn't like it very much! We found the people very rude. They made fun of me trying to speak in French to them and wouldn't help or even try to speak English so we decided to head down to USA after the Gp as we felt we'd be more welcomed there. Perhaps it was just that they were overwhelmed with all the grandprix traffic, it was very busy. However, I'm glad you enjoyed your time there, I think being anywhere with locals is always much better. Good luck with trading your car. It's not something I like doing, we tend to run cars till they actually die on us! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to keep mine until it dies, but I want to sell it off for some value now :/ but I hear you!! I am sorry you didn't enjoy MTL. Everyone was super nice to us, from the Uber drivers to the waiters. I wonder if you got more hardcore folks from Quebec, who I can only imagine were very rude, UGH!

      Delete
  2. I noticed Tania (Frugal in Essex) has taken her blog down too. I do hope everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope everything is ok too. I was looking forward to her next chapter!!

      Delete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...