Monday, February 8, 2021

First of February

 It isn't the first day of the month, but my first post of the month. I have been sending out resumes and my brother name dropped me where he worked, but I am afraid maybe my resume is not up to scratch. Sigh. I have a lot of great skills, but so do so many other applicants - I got super sad last week about it, but I feel better now. 

Work is plugging along, no vaccines in the hospital for the last couple of weeks means no calls for me on the wait list for the extras - I just hope things can roll out and we see some new normalcy once it warms up. Today is my sister's birthday - her daughters left her presents in the Animal Crossing game- too sweet. Normally I babysit while she and my brother in law go out - but not this year. I am so glad though, with the pandemic her home baking business has stayed steady and kept her busy- it's been great to see! 

All my sisters are blessed with cooking and baking skills, ask me where mine are .. LOL!

4 comments:

  1. I went to university as a mature student in the early 90s. I had a young family, husband so jobs I applied for had to fill a certain criteria. I must have applied for 30 jobs in 6 weeks, nothing. Not even a sorry letter. Then I got one that wasn't on my top list but took it anyway. I kept applying for jobs while I was there. Sat the Civil Service entrance exam and passed, then waited for a posting, the rest is history. Good luck you will find something, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes, i am in a spot where i really want to see my future settled. and right now the market is so bokers, but i have to keep trying - think its just tough to hear about other people getting interviews but i'll get what is meant for me!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on starting your blog. And good luck with the job hunt. It's not easy, I know. I worked in HR for 20 years and we could get 200-300 good candidates for some of the best jobs so yeah, it is cut throat. But, if you keep looking I'm sure something will turn up. It's better to look now while you have a job rather than in desperation later isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, I was telling my friend I'd rather look and wait until end of year when my boss winds down ( I feel guilty leaving him in the lurch) but I know I need to do it now! It really is cut throat!

      Delete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...