Friday, February 26, 2021

Busy Bee

 My surgery dates (well my boss') are coming together nicely, my paperwork is sent out and hopefully we get more for April. No one gets overnight stays right now, unless they really cannot go home so it is a bit tricky for some patients. I feel bad, some folks have no one at home to help them :( 

But I am happy to say I got my vaccine! A lady just came into the office, asked if I had one, and when I said no, she said I was eligible. I was one of the few who had not gotten one in my building, because my boss did not ask for me to receive one (we weren't allowed as we aren't hospital staff but our building is literally attached to the hospital's and we all work for doctors ...) and I did not feel comfortable lying to get the shot earlier (the early volunteers did not know our building staff were ineligible, so they gave to quite a few folks). I ran down there and got it right away. Then, I told everyone who was eligible now to do it. I am super glad, I didn't want it before any front line staff, doctors, nurses or PSWs - but I wanted it before hospital staff who come in once a week (like the Foundation office folks!)

Today, I have to clean and wash the car. I have never been inside an automatic car wash, so in exchange bottle of gin my friend is going in with me LOL. Except I have to drive to his work and bring him the gin, so sounds like a better bet for him! Then I have some resumes to send out, along with a consult to upgrade my car radio. My brother bought me an android radio, but the first place I called said he doesn't do the install as they all give trouble after. He said he would do a consult anyway and I could decide on my own whether to go ahead with installation. 

Just have to remember to put the gin and radio in the car 😆

4 comments:

  1. Im so glad to hear you've had your vaccine. I felt much better once I knew my hubby had his, he's still to get the second one but its nice to know he's a bit safer. I'm counting the days to get mine. I hope it's soon. Fingers crossed! I don't like automatic car washes, I find them quite scary!! Our poor car rarely gets washed and when it does its done on the driveway with the hose. I'm usually as wet as the car by the end! I hope your radio gets installed successfully! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope yours is soon too. She really walked into the office and offered it so casually, it means they could be doing more to get into the community! I didn't get my radio done, he doesn't have the parts I need to make sure the steering wheel works along with the new radio. The carwash was fun, but I agree its nerve wracking. Might stick to doing it in the driveway or paying professionals haha!

      Delete
  2. I bet when you get in the automatic car wash you start slamming your foot on the brakes as soon as it starts moving. Oh, and don't forget to put the windows up! Glad you got your vaccination though. I've no idea when I'll get mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked my friend if he was pressing the brake and he said nope, all the carwashes' work hahaha. I hope yours is soon too, the UK has gotten so many folks their shot, hopefully not much more time to wait.

      Delete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...