Sunday, March 27, 2022

Blowing off The Dust

 I'm still here! I am reading everyone's blogs, and just taking it day by day. I did my last shift for the vaccine clinic on Friday. They renewed everyone to end of 2022, but I have No Guaranteed Hours so ... may get no shifts until the end of summer. On the plus side, it helped my resume and I made almost 5k from it, so can't complain there. Work has picked up, we have surgery dates so I am back to dealing with people and all their ways. 

I have patients who have little to no support at home, but still want surgery. I tell them I can try and get them somewhere to stay after surgery but there is NO guarantee about anything. They say yes, then freak out and call me saying I promised them something which I NEVER did. I have one patient in particular who I feel so sorry for. She lives with family but they give her no help. We can't deny her the surgery but she also struggles to take accountability for anything. She does not read or write English, and when I give suggestions on how she can read the information provided she makes excuses. I asked her to see her family doctor for help, she makes excuses. Just super tough. 

Otherwise I just also had a very stressful time mediating between my two sisters. They were once very close but now they are experiencing some friction. I was very upset last weekend, crying all over the place. I hope they can get to a better place now. It wore me OUT! Big families are so tough to be a part of!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're getting stuck in the middle between your sisters. As you say, that is one of the down sides of big families isn't it! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a talk with my baby sister and I hope they can work through the issues. They were close but now not as much. Thank you!!

      Delete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...