Saturday, February 5, 2022

Snow Snow and More Snow

 We had a big snow storm the 3rd Monday in January. The snow has not really melted, and this past week we got, MORE snow. Not as much, but still very annoying. I luckily cleared my car off Thursday, so for my drive to the pt job yesterday, I only had to clear off snow (and not ice)! The clinics are all slow, so yesterday was another nice and quiet shift. Unfortunately I had a guy come in with his kid (who had been advised was exposed to a positive classmate)! I don't blame the dad, but really, public health. They said monitor for symptoms, not stay inside so obviously you're bringing him to get the vaccine! He has to wait however, my supervisor advised up to two weeks. 

Meanwhile, the convoy is big news over here. I ordered an item to a mall far away from me (for free shipping) and I got a WhatsApp message saying the convoy was rolling through today. So I grabbed it yesterday. They're causing havoc in Ottawa - setting off fireworks at midnight, setting up camp (in a city where the unhoused have no ability to do the same) defacing statues (when black and brown people do that it's a problem) and walking around with Nazi and Confederate flags?! Systemic racsim is a TRIP. What would they know about that though. It hits a sore spot for me, but it really is too complex to blog out; and it really doesn't matter to some people, they're thinking one thing and one thing only. 

My nieces are coming over to spend some time, it's their mom's birthday soon so my sister and bro in law are getting some quality time together! So I am going to tidy my room and my car, which needs to be taken in to the carwash at this rate (I'm getting my mom to do it - it gives me the creeps!)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with all that snow. We've hardly had any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just sitting around, not melting haha! I took my car through the car wash (aka let my mom drive it through!) so i hope nothing comes down again haha

      Delete
  2. We've barely seen snow here this year, it's been ridiculously mild which is no bad thing given the hike in our energy costs! The world really has gone a bit mad hasn't it. It's a worry. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ready for spring! I heard the birds tweeting when I woke up so I hope it means good news. The world has indeed gone a tad mad!

      Delete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...