Saturday, January 15, 2022

Continuing On

 So, last Wednesday my mom and step dad were inadvertently exposed to Covid. They found out a week ago today. So they have been indoors all week, we did two rapids on my mom - both negative. I am trying to manage my anxiety/stress. I took a social media break, and I have to say I am enjoying it. So much negativity, and folks acting as if things are normal (discussing travel, etc etc) it is too much for me. I took the day off from my part time job yesterday, as my mom has covid symptoms and the self assessment would mean I stay home anyway. I read a whole book! :) And have a couple more to read from the library, along with a new Inspector Lynley book I pre ordered in June 2021 (it arrived this week!) So much reading to do. 

My pay from the part time job helped me pay off a big chunk of my credit card, so I am glad for that; the costs just ballooned these last few weeks. I have to get serious about a new job, as my boss retires from most of his work in December. I hate change, and I am so nervous to start somewhere new and leave my boss in the lurch but I don't want to be jobless and struggling, sigh! My sister in law asked if I wanted to submit my resume this week to her work but I don't feel ready. Hopefully the universe gives me my chance again!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not fond of change either so I understand your anxiety about your job. But you'll ace - you know that don't you. And I hope your mom and stepdad are doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I despise change so much but I really have to get on with it (I will, eventually) ! My mom is negative but has a wicked cough and my step dad is fine. hope you guys continue to be safe as well!

      Delete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...