Saturday, March 27, 2021

Sometimes

 Sometimes, I look up wedding dressess. And I think they are the most beautiful things. But I am pretty single, have been single for a couple of years now. And when I think about dating, I just get the heebie jeebies. But I'm in my 30s, and it gets to feeling so complicated to try and get to know someone again. I just think it'll all go left, and the last time I was so sad, I don't really know if I have it in me, you know?

That's why I was focusing on the job hunt so much more, and I plan to remind myself of just that - good job on the way now, hopefully. But sometimes, I just look at the dresses, and get a little bit sad. 

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully the right person will appear in your life when the time is right and you're not looking. Wedding dresses are indeed beautiful. Even I have a few pinned on Pinterest and I'm waaaay past that lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! yeah, i have just got to remind myself to refocus my energy - but i can never stop looking at the dressess! ;)

      Delete
  2. The old adage is: someone will come along when you least expect it. You are doing the right thing by concentrating on your job and home life first, the rest will fall into place as and when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, and I think I am getting better at not expecting it, kinda?! So I have to keep working away and working on my other stuff - work, saving, emotional stuff etc!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Tania (Frugal in Essex), it'll happen when you least expect it. And if it doesn't - well there's nothing wrong with being single. I was married 26 years and miserable for most of them and even though I've had "opportunities" I will definitely never live with someone again. But you're young and I'm sure there's someone for you IF THAT'S WHAT YOU DECIDE YOU WANT. If you decide you don't want that - well that's great too. Oh, and I hope your brother is doing better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really do want to spend my life with someone, but I want to be comfortable with maybe being alone in my adult life as well. I think I thought I was there, but after I dated again I just kinda lost the plot. I just have to be comfortable in my own skin and that takes time!

      Delete

Tuesday 4 - Brands or Not?

  Brands or Not??  Welcome to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and this week we will use one from November of 2018... 1.   Food:...